Experience the Reggio Emilia approach
Each year, AREA takes interested people to the city of Reggio Emilia in Italy. These study groups give participants the opportunity to visit the municipal schools and infant-toddler centres in Reggio Emilia, to meet like-minded educators from around the world, and to hear from and work with teachers, pedagogistas, atelieristas, administrators and parents from Reggio Emilia. Topics of discussion, presentation and immersion include:
- The background and history of the Reggio Emilia educational project
- The hundred languages of children
- Observation, interpretation and documentation
- Children as citizens with rights
- The school as a system of interactions and relationships
- The environment and the educational space
- Parents’ involvement in the life of the school
Find out more about this immersive professional development experience on the Reggio Children website.
Upcoming study tours
Join like-minded educators from South Africa and around the world on an international study tour to Reggio Emilia from 18-25 April 2020.