Experience the Reggio Emilia approach
Each year, AREA takes interested people to the city of Reggio Emilia in Italy. These study groups give participants the opportunity to visit the municipal schools and infant-toddler centres in Reggio Emilia, to meet like-minded educators from around the world, and to hear from and work with teachers, pedagogistas, atelieristas, administrators and parents from Reggio Emilia. Topics of discussion, presentation and immersion include:
- The background and history of the Reggio Emilia educational project
- The hundred languages of children
- Observation, interpretation and documentation
- Children as citizens with rights
- The school as a system of interactions and relationships
- The environment and the educational space
- Parents’ involvement in the life of the school
Find out more about this immersive professional development experience on the Reggio Children website.
Upcoming study tours
In the midst of the global coronavirus pandemic, the April 2020 study tour to Reggio Emilia has been suspended. Once more information is available, we will share it here, with our members, and with educators interested in learning more about the approach.