Books and audiovisuals
Reggio Children regularly publishes books and audiovisual materials on their philosophy and practice. Wherever possible, AREA tries to ensure copies of these materials are available in South Africa. If you’d like to purchase a particular book or audiovisual piece locally, contact email@example.com to find out if it’s in stock.
- Reggio Children has made a wealth of audiovisual material available for free on YouTube. Watch their videos.
- Understanding Loris Malaguzzi: A short introduction to his work and legacy (a free e-book made available by Routledge and Reggio Children)
- Three Approaches from Europe: Waldorf, Montessori and Reggio Emilia (a paper by Carolyn Pope Edwards from University of Nebraska at Lincoln, published in Early Childhood Research and Practice, Spring 2002, vol. 4, no. 1)
- Your Image of the Child: Where Teaching Begins (an article by Loris Malaguzzi, adapted from a seminar delivered in Reggio Emilia, Italy in June 1993, and published by the Child Care Information Exchange)
- A Bill of Rights: The rights of children, teachers and parent in the pre-schools and infant-toddler centres of Reggio Emilia, Italy.
- Loris Malaguzzi and the Teachers: Dialogues on collaboration and conflict among children, Reggio Emilia 1990 (an e-book co-authored by Carolyn Edwards from University of Nebraska at Lincoln, John Nimmo from Wheelock College, and Lella Gandini, the United States liaison for the dissemination of the Reggio Emilia approach)
- Reggio Children publishes Rechild, a bilingual periodic developed in response to the international demand for information, in-depth analysis and exchanges about education and childhood. Find the most recent edition here.
- The North American Reggio Emilia Alliance has amassed a wealth of free resources on the approach, which can be accessed here.
- Sightlines Initiative in the UK has compiled a few introductory articles and videos to get you started. Access them here.
AREA reports and publications
- A short report of Tiziana Filippini’s 2017 visit
- A snapshot of the 2017 AREA conference
- Thoughts, questions and reminders emerging out of the 2017 conference
AREA member communication